I don’t know what’s the matter with me, why I’m so adept at distance, why I feel so remote from things, why life feels like a rumor.
- David Shields, How Literature Saved My Life
(Source: othersashas, via nochte)
I’m just tired; I just want the world to be quiet for a bit.
- Matty Healy (via ileu
(Source: hajniil, via ileu)
I don’t think that people accept the fact that life doesn’t make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable.
- David Lynch (via wordsnquotes
(Source: wordsnquotes, via l084)
Everyone knows how to talk, and no one knows what to say.
- Nick Hornby, A Long Way Down
The soulless have no need of melancholy.
- Vladimir Odoevsky (via ennuih
All I ever wanted was to know what to do.
- Eggers, Dave. You Shall Know Our Velocity!
Oh, my creator. Why did you not make me of steel and stone? Why did you allow me to feel?
- Caliban, Penny Dreadful
(Source: vodka-tears, via excursio)
I don’t owe people anything, and I don’t have to talk to them any more than I feel I need to.
- Ned Vizzini, It’s Kind of a Funny Story
(Source: simply-quotes, via sixthstop)
Maybe there is something you’re afraid to say, or someone you’re afraid to love, or somewhere you’re afraid to go. It’s gonna hurt. It’s gonna hurt because it matters.
- John Green and David Levithan, Will Grayson, Will Grayson (via seabois
Reading is that fruitful miracle of a communication in the midst of solitude.
- Marcel Proust (via rulesofearth
I wake up thinking of yesterday. The joy is in remembering; the pain is in knowing it was yesterday.
- David Levithan, Every Day (via seabois